Perhaps it's the cooler temps or the shorter days, but I am craving the beach right now. Thankfully, we have a wedding in South Carolina next weekend so I can get my coastal fix. I love life in Minneapolis, but there is obviously something pretty magical about being close to the ocean. The salty breeze, palm trees, stunning sunsets - I can hardly wait.
If you are landlocked like me, then one way to channel beachy vibes is to bring coastal elements to your home. With rattan and other natural elements being popular right now, it's easier than ever to do this. As inspiration for this post, I was eyeing up California-inspired rooms, and really adored this style for dining areas. Your dining room is a space to come together with loved ones, so I love the laid-back aesthetic to keep things casual and fun.
Get The Look
There are a few key elements that will help you bring this look to life.
- Natural textures - rattan, cane, seagrass, and bamboo are all beautiful options
- Shades of blue - channel the ocean with various blue and aqua hues
- Mix-and-matched furnishings - keep things fun and subtly boho by choosing two different chair designs
- Woven lighting - a natural pendant or chandelier perfectly anchors the style
- Live plants - bring some tropical touches with greenery throughout the room
Ready to bring a little Cali cool to your home? Click the product name below the image to shop!
Products: Bardia Area Rug || Sorrento Dining Table || Pace Dining Chair in Burnished Oak || Palma Rattan Dining Chair - Set of 2 || Nina Pendant Light || Pastel Beach Print 1 || Pastel Beach Print 2 || Madelyn Sideboard || Gulliver Smoke Acacia Mirror || Hailey Vessel || Laurel Decorative Wooden Bowl || African Recycled Glass Beads in Aqua