With 2021 being another tumultuous year, I find myself looking forward to the holidays even more than usual. It's such a magical time of year. I love the festive energy, twinkling lights, cozy nights in, fresh snowfall. Mostly though, I simply love getting to spend time with my favorite people. The last two years have really made me reflect on my priorities, and I've made a concerted effort to put family and friends above everything else. After all, what is life if it isn't spent with those most special to us?
If you're like me, then you do a lot to show those important people how much you care. Whether it's calling them on your drive home from work, surprising them on their birthday, or picking out the perfect gift, you like to go the extra mile to make them feel cherished. The gifting part, I find, can be a challenge. I want each present to feel personal and useful, but with the onslaught of advertisements this time of year, it can feel impossible to sift through the clutter to find a gift that is either. Here are a few questions that I ask myself to help find a winner:
- If they could spend a day doing anything, what would it be?
- What is something they want, but won't get themselves?
- Inversely, is there something they really need?
- How can I make it more of a connection point for us?
The first question is obviously the easiest. You probably know a few of their interests, so it's always a safe bet to stick with what they enjoy most. Here are a few passion-inspired picks to help you get the ideas flowing!
Holiday Gift Guide
Click the product names to shop:
Pair any of these gifts with a book or monthly subscription that you two can read together and discuss.
- Nagaland Throw in Earthy Tones: great for cozying up to read
- Brass Bookends: anchor their favorite novels beautifully
- Cali Vibes Sea + Fog Candle: creates a beautiful ambiance as they dive into a new story
Gift a wine tasting at a local winery or wine bar, and buy a bottle of their favorite to bring home.
- Gia Two-Tier Bar Cart: serve up some libations in style
- Vienna Dune Marble Wine Chiller: a lovely and practical item for dinner parties
- Veneto Ebony Marble Wine Rack: a gorgeous way to store a few go-to bottles
Book a virtual cooking class to try out a new recipe together.
- Marble Spoon Rest: truly a win-win item that will dress up their counters while also keeping them clean
- Workshop Apron in Denim: an all-star accessory for bakers in particular
- Brass Salad Servers: multi-purpose servewear that's chic? Say no more
Add a picture frame or photobook with pictures of you two for them to also display
- Malibu Spheres Set of Three: a natural and contemporary touch to any shelf arrangement
- Mango Wood Decorative Chain: awesome piece to pop on top of a stack of books
- Zona Natural Teak Tray: a fun way to anchor a display or centerpiece
Set up a date day to pick out a new houseplant from a local greenhouse or plant shop.
- Hailey Vase: a sleek home for their newest addition
- Glass Mister: keeps tropical plants happy, especially in the dry winter months
- Daniel Wooden Pedestal: zhuzh up a planter look instantly
Pick a date to cook them brunch at their place - mimosas and pajamas highly encouraged!
- Stripe Throw in Taupe: extra layer to combat the colder temps
- Emundo Marble Decorative Box: great for stashing jewelry, lip balm, and other odds and ends on their nightstand
- Nagaland Lumbar Pillow: a showstopper throw to give their bed "wow" factor
I hope this gives you inspiration to find the best gift for everyone on your list. Don't forget to add a personal touch. It will make it that much more memorable for years to come.
Image Credit: Hey Wanderer